Adding hard drives to a Netgear NAS is a simple task. You don’t have to turn the NAS off to complete the task. Simply follow these steps:
- Open NAS bay door
- Press button to release handle
- Grab handle and pull tray from NAS.
- Hold button down to release lock and slide the inside hard drive mount down half way
- Place the hard drive in the mount with the head of the hard drive pressed firmly against the back of the mount.
- The mount will have small studs that will go in the screw holes on the side of the hard disk. Ensure the bottom of the hard drive is facing down towards the bottom of the tray.
- Slide mount back into tray
- Return the tray to the NAS ensuring it is pushed firmly in.
- Put handle back in to lock hard drive in place.
Below is a short video of the process.